Saturday, August 15, 2009

Shatto Farms

I got to take the cub scouts (and the rest of my kids) to the coolest place called Shatto Farms. They have 250 cows that the boys were able to milk and pet. We also got to taste all the varieties of milk, such as Root Bear, Banana and Orange Cream. Yummy! The boys learned all about how the cows are milked twice a day and where the milk is taken to be cleaned. It was quite interesting! I bought them all fresh chocolate ice cream to keep them happy before the tour began.
Lindsey refused to milk the cow or even get very close to them, for fear of "getting dirty!" Silly girl. Logan fell in love with the baby calves (some were only a few days old)! Brynlie and Brevan both milked the cow and spent a lot of time petting the calves. I have a ton more pictures, but I had some camera trouble and can't get them to upload.
I miss working with these fun boys!









No comments: