Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fun times in Idaho!

We arrived in Idaho on July 17th and spent the next few days with the Yancey's. The girls slept on the family room floor with Ashlyn (age 13) and Lauryn (age 4). We tried to have Logan sleep next to them, but he lasted about 5 minutes before climbing into bed with me and Ryan.
Early the next morning (Saturday, the 18th) we headed to Pocatello for the Infanger family reunion. My parents had driven up to spend the day with all the family at a waterpark. Kara and I took all the kids over to the waterpark, while Ryan went golfing with my Dad, Brevan and a couple other relatives. Pictured below, Kara took the kids on the lazy river and was amazed that Lindsey had no fear of the water.

Jayden Cole (age 6).
Lauryn Paige, Kara's youngest.
Brynlie ADORES her cousin, Ashlyn.
Some of my cousins (and their kids) that I don't see very often. Mindy on the left and Lynette on the right.
On Saturday evening Ashlyn watched all the kids while Kara, Dave, Ryan and I went out for sushi. It was a fun night of laughing while enjoying yummy food!
Now you can know what Ryan would look like with hair! The kids found this wig and thought it was hilarious to put it on the bald guy's head. The day we got in town, Jayden walked up to Ryan and said, "you're bald." Ryan replied, "why thank you!" Then Austin (age 12, who is autistic) told me that I used to have the good looks when I had blonde hair, but now I do not have the good looks with brown hair." Kids crack me up! I don't have pictures of Austin because he had just gotten 6 teeth extracted and was miserable, so he didn't join us for many activities.
After church on Sunday, the 19th, we drove to Idaho Falls for a picnic. Lindsey and Lauryn were so dang adorable together. They got along so well the whole time. I wish we lived closer together so they could play together more often!
Kar-bear
Ashy
My monkey, Brynlie. Always climbing somewhere.

This boy just makes me happy! I love my little Logan baby!
We took the kids to feed the geese by the river.
Logan, with the Idaho Falls temple in the background.
Ashlyn has a professional camera and spent much of the time taking pictures. I'll upload some of the photos she took later, so I can give her the full credit!

Ahhhh! Davey and Kara are still in love after all these years! :)


My main squeeze!


Ryan, Logan, me, Kara, Dave and Ashlyn.



On Sunday night the kids went "camping" in the backyard. We made smores and set up a tent for them to sleep in. Ashlyn, Brevan, Brynlie, Jayden and Lindsey all slept in the tent all night and loved it!




We said goodbye to the Yancey's on Monday afternoon, and drove a couple hours to Bountiful, Utah. I'll start with that post later on!

No comments: