After 4 days of fun and relaxation, I got on a plane to come back to my 5 favorite people in the world. I took this picture while at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It reminded me that breaks are good, but we are expected to be anxiously engaged in good causes. I love that Brigham Young used the "busy as bees" motto, and the word "industry" to describe the ideal life of a Latter-Day-Saint. That said, I truly believe that I should be putting my focus and energy into those things that matter most. Will my kids ever be world-famous athletes? Probably not. But the little things I do for my kids . . .family dinners, volunteering at their schools, praying with them, helping them feel the Spirit in our home, being available when they need me, speaking often of Christ and the atonement, spending time together as a family . . .can bless their futures.
Monday, October 25, 2010
Lovin' every minute in . . .
After 4 days of fun and relaxation, I got on a plane to come back to my 5 favorite people in the world. I took this picture while at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It reminded me that breaks are good, but we are expected to be anxiously engaged in good causes. I love that Brigham Young used the "busy as bees" motto, and the word "industry" to describe the ideal life of a Latter-Day-Saint. That said, I truly believe that I should be putting my focus and energy into those things that matter most. Will my kids ever be world-famous athletes? Probably not. But the little things I do for my kids . . .family dinners, volunteering at their schools, praying with them, helping them feel the Spirit in our home, being available when they need me, speaking often of Christ and the atonement, spending time together as a family . . .can bless their futures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you went! I am glad you had a great time. It's fun to go out alone sometimes!
Post a Comment