Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Motherhood

I have nothing earth-shattering to say here.  Just needed to write down that being a mom is so very hard.  At least I assume it's this hard for every other mom.  There's nothing major going on, so I do not want to see any comments supporting me or asking me how you can help.  I just wanted to say that being a parent is without a doubt the hardest job in the world.  Not just physically exhausting, although it is.  Not just emotionally exhausting, although it is.  Not just mentally exhausting, although it is.  But being a decent Mother takes every ounce of my strength and sometimes leaves me so drained I'm not sure how I can possibly get up and function again. Ryan's Father once told me that all the time he spent in school getting his Doctorate degree was nothing compared to the stress of being a Father.  But he also told me that once his kids were grown, he realized that he had worried too much about them while they were growing up.  He wishes he had worried less and just loved them more.  I love that.  And I try really hard. 

I feel like I should end this by saying that being a mom also brings me the greatest joys I've ever experienced.  And for that, I wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world.  Being a mother and wife fulfills me.  It really does.  I didn't always think I would feel that way, but it's amazing how fulfilled I am being the mom to these 4 little rascals.

But good heavens, it sure is tough some days.  At least I should be an expert on patience by the time I pass on to the next life . . .

5 comments:

morrison family said...

All I have to say is "Here here!" Love you!

Tina Michelle said...

I hear you. motherhood is so difficult to navigate. those dang fears of are you doing the right thing, are your kids doing okay, is it good enough just creep up too much. I think it is a great reminder to worry less and just love on them more. Thanks for the reminder.

Laura said...

Sooo needed to hear this today. Motherhood is the best and hardest job I've ever had too. Thanks for always being so real.

Dottie Stay said...

Amen. Well said. As always you are spot on, and make me wish I lived next door to you!

Tiffany said...

Amen, amen, amen, amen (that was one amen for each of my four little rascals).