Friday, August 29, 2008

A Whole New Look

This is how my sweet Bryn looked at school yesterday . . .the cute 1st grader pigtails. But she wanted her hair cut after school.

And this is how she looked this morning, after getting her hair chopped off yesterday. She wanted a style similar to Lindsey's, but with some long layers.


I like the haircut, but I don't like that she looks so much older!! I told her that the haircut made me a little bit sad because she's supposed to stay my baby girl forever. I can't believe my 1st grader has "sweepy bangs!"

She sure had fun in the salon, though. This is her kind of thing.

I've been listening to the Mama Mia soundtrack lately. There's a song that reminds me so much of my Brynlie Girl. It goes like this:

Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile. I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness and I have to sit down for a while. The feeling that I'm losing her forever and without really entering her world. I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter; that funny little girl. Slipping through my fingers all the time. I try to capture every minute; the feeling in it. Slipping through my fingers all the time. Do I really see what's in her mind? Each time I think I'm close to knowing, she keeps on growing. Slipping through my fingers all the time. Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table. Barely awake, I let precious time go by. Then when she's gone, there's that odd melancholy feeling. And a sense of guilt I cant deny. What happened to the wonderful adventures? The places I had planned for us to go? Well, some of that we did but most we didn't. And why I just don't know. I wish that I could freeze the picture. And save it from the funny tricks of time. Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning. Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile.

4 comments:

Sara and Company said...

Wow! That's amazing how different she looks, but so cute either way. She looks a lot more like you before the hair cut and true, so much older after. Cute!

Laura said...

awwww, she does look so grown up now! That just can't happen! :) She is so pretty, Ali. Love the hair cut!

Janee said...

Her hair cut is really cute. It is sad when our kids start looking so grown up.

H said...

I love that song! =) She looks so cute and grown up with that hair cut! She can totally work it though! How awesome is that? =D