Thursday, September 18, 2008

He's got my vote!

Today Brevan ran for Student Council. I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately, and haven't really had the time to help him with his campaign much. He came up with the idea for his poster and spent time die-cutting the letters that spelled out "Go For the Gold, Vote for Brevan!" It had an Olympic theme and showed him winning a race. Then he came up with a campaign speech on his own (because he told me last night that he needed one, and it was already way past bedtime). This is the speech he came up with (which he named "My cool speech of cool and long words") and presented to the school:

"My name is Brevan Cade Ellefsen and I am running for Student Council . . .blah . . .blah . . .blah . . . .blah . . .blah {he really said all that to get their attention}. I am caring and will carry ideas and be helpful. I will try my best to be a trustworthy person and help buy recess equipment. I am also very artistic and a leader. You are an excellent class and I will try my hardest until the end of the year to help you, the class, the pod, and the school become a better place for all. I am hoping you will see me as a great leader for all."

He will find out tomorrow if he won or not. I was so proud of him for writing such a great speech and taking the initiative to run for office without help from me or Ryan.

2 comments:

Sara and Company said...

Wow! That's incredible! Good luck to him. He's definitely got it in him. Oh, and I loved the "blah, blah, blahs....." Hilarious!

Janee said...

Brevan sounds like such an amazing kid. He is so smart. It is great that he has high expectations for himself and pushes himself to do great things at such a young age. I hope he wins. Good luck!