Some of you might remember this picture taken last summer. We had moved to our new house the day before, and everything had been taken inside except this piano. We decided to call it a night because it was almost midnight and everyone was exhausted. The plan was to leave the piano in the driveway for the night, and bring it inside the next day when we could borrow a piano dolly. Unfortunately a torrential rain storm hit our house that night and the piano was completely ruined.
Fast forward one year of saving up to buy another piano. Look what I bought! It's a used, older model Baldwin, but I couldn't be happier!
I'm excited to get the kids back into piano lessons this fall.
Now for the compromise that had to occur for me to make this purchase. Ryan bought a gun. I hate guns. I told him I didn't want to know when he bought it, and I don't ever want to hold it. I have serious gun issues, and want nothing to do with it. He has argued for years that a gun is an essential part of our food storage plan. Although I can see his point in some ways, I still refuse to learn to shoot the gun.
At least I got a piano out of the deal!
No comments:
Post a Comment