Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Metal Mouth

Get ready for some very attractive photos . . .hehehe!


Yesterday I had braces put on the inside of my top and bottom teeth. I love the orthodontist, Dr. Burleson, who also works on Brevan's braces. He even called me at the house last night to make sure I wasn't in too much pain. I told him I was fine, but in reality, OUCH! I don't remember braces being this painful as a teenager! I'm realizing that a drawback to having the braces hidden behind my teeth is that my tongue is getting all cut up.

Today I tried to eat a cookie and one of the brackets popped off. I had to drive all the way back to the orthodontist (a 40 minute drive) to have the bracket put back on tighter. Brevan is being very sweet and having sympathy pains as he watches me struggle to speak and eat. I will only have to keep the braces on for about 6 or 7 months. This is the result of not wearing my retainer after my parents paid (A LOT) of money to get my teeth straightened the first time around. I don't like how the braces are a bit visible behind my teeth, because it makes my teeth look grayish. But it's much better than having them in front.

Call me Braceface or Metalmouth all you want. Because when the braces come off and I get my teeth laser-whitened in about 6 or 7 months, I will be flashing my happy smile all over town!

3 comments:

Bailey said...

I'm GETTING BRACES TODAY!!!! Ouch it is going to hurt SOOOO bad! Tell brevan to send me some sympathy! ;)

Grandpa Alan said...

Cute! Gorgeous!!

SARAH said...

That's awesome- I had no idea they could put them on the inside of your teeth!
This is a big "dental" year for me also- just started the implant process for some teeth and at the end of the year all new veneers.
Not looking forward to the pain, but can't wait for the end result!
Can't wait to see your new smile!