Sunday, September 21, 2014

Turning stressors into blessings

Stress:  School started a week ago and I'm already knee-deep in homework.
Blessing:  I'm enjoying my classes so far and still have 100% in both (haha, it's only been 6 days).

Stress:  There are still 12 people living in the house until October 18th when the Webbs get possession of their new home.
Blessing:  We have extra hands to do dishes, finish yard work. cook dinner, and run kids to activities.  Maybe I was meant to be a Sister Wife.

Stress:  Ryan visits the oncologist again this Wednesday to find out whether the chemo and radiation killed off the cancer demon.
Blessing:  We feel hopeful about a good outcome.  Although there's a high chance that the cancer will return in the future, we are ready to close the book on that nightmare.

Stress:  I have a child who deals with unusually high anxiety.
Blessing:  This child is finding help through medication and therapy sessions.

Stress:  There's been a head cold making its way through the household.  Of 12 people.
Blessing:  Uh.  I'm struggling to find the silver lining in this one.

And now a few blessings that are stress-free:

Blessing: The BYU Cougars football team is ranked #20 in the country after going 4-0 so far this season.

Blessing:  We celebrated my blond beauty's 10th birthday on Wednesday.

Blessing:  The week was full of parades, piano, dance lessons, church activities, lunch dates with friends, flag football, volleyball and movie nights.  It's a beautiful life.

I've sufficiently procrastinated going to bed, so now I can plan on being exhausted when I roll out of bed at 5:00 a.m.  It's Sunday night and I'm already looking forward to Friday.

2 comments:

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

I'm trying, always trying, to count my blessings. I haven't done a very good job of it this weekend. My basement flooded again and someone hijacked my debit card and left me with $27.00. The blessing is that I filled my car with gas prior to this happening and I have food storage! :) Good luck with school. I continue to be amazed at how you do everything you do!