- A couple weeks ago was Brenda's birthday, and I wanted to get some ward girls together in the middle of the day to do something completely out of the ordinary. We went to a place called "Maze Craze" to experience a laser maze, mirror maze and play a rowdy game of laser tag. We had such a great time! It was fun to spend time with some of my ward friends that I don't know as well. We ate lunch at a nearby Italian restaurant after working up a sweat! I think Brenda felt loved, which was the most important part of the day.
- On Labor Day, Ryan and I invited many families we know to play baseball and kickball at a park. We had six families show up, and had a great time being competitive with each other while still including all ages and abilities. Besides the fact that it was HOT that day, we had a perfect holiday get-together with good friends!
- I had a really neat experience last week when I went on a team-up with the sister missionaries. We visited with a lady about my age who is going through a nasty divorce and currently doesn't have custody of her 3 children. She became interested in the church after watching an LDS co-worker find joy in her life while also going through a divorce. She kept saying that she knew there just has to be "more" to life than grief and sadness, and that she feels God will never forgive her for some serious past mistakes. The visit was exactly what I needed to give me a wake-up call about my blessings. I often take my knowledge of the gospel (literally defined as the "good news"), my Savior and my loving Father in Heaven for granted. I'm grateful that I was able to answer questions, have light-hearted conversation, bear testimony several times, and comfort this girl with the peace of the Spirit. She asked me to give the closing prayer and the Spirit was so strong, I had a hard time ending the prayer and leaving. I keep this girl in my prayers and hope she continues to seek for the peace I know she is searching for.
- I'm going to join Ryan on a business trip to New York City in November. His best friends, Nate and Brian, will be bringing their wives as well, so the women will party during the day while our husbands endure work conventions, then we will all see the sights together in the evening.
- I bought tickets for me and Ryan to see "Les Miserables" together when the Broadway play travels to KC in December. Can't wait!
- I will be going to Utah with Ryan in December, so we can attend the Christmas party for the company he helped start with Nate and Brian out there. It will be fun to have a few days to see family and friends.
- I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning to watch BYU give away 3 chances to beat Utah in football Saturday night. I can't believe the 25th ranked team (BYU) played like a high-school team on national tv. So disappointing. Ryan is going to see BYU play at Notre Dame next month with some of his guy friends. I think it's the weekend of his 41st birthday, so that takes care of any planning I needed to do for his birthday!
- My parents will be here from October 12th - 17th and I've had fun planning some activities to do during the time they are here. I hope the weather is still as gorgeous as it's been lately! Ahhhh, fall. It's the best time of the year!
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Some positive news
I've been pretty consumed with the needs of my kids lately, so I feel like I should add some good news to go along with all the chaos/illness/anxiety.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment