Sunday, July 10, 2011

Logan's birthday party!

Our little boy had his first birthday party with friends yesterday.  We had his party a couple weeks before his actual birthday, since Brevan leaves for a 10-day Scout camp this week, and then we fly to Oregon a few days after he gets home.  Logan loves the Cars movie, so we decided to have a "Cars 2" party and take all his little buddies to see the newest Cars movie at the theater.  The boys got to our house at 1:00 in the afternoon, and we had cake and ice cream while Logan pouted.  It always amazes me that my kids get so excited for their party, including counting down the days and then the minutes until the friends arrive, but then get overwhelmed when the party actually starts!  Logan tends to have a very shy side to his personality, and he does not enjoy being the focus of a room's attention.  

I am not a cake decorator.  I've never even tried, because the kids have so much fun going to the bakery and picking out the design they want.  Logan chose to have half white cake (to please his daddy) and half chocolate cake, with the Lightning McQueen design on top. 

 In this picture, Brevan is trying to force Logan to turn his head to look at the camera.  I kept pleading with Logan to please let me take just one photo of him smiling!  No luck.  Also, we realized there were no candles in the house and had to use matches instead, but the matches wouldn't stay lit long enough for Logan to blow them out.  It was a Redneck Missouri Birthday Party.

 Here he is trying to tell me that he IS smiling.  Doesn't that look like the happiest little birthday boy ever?


 Yay!  I got a half-smile while he wasn't paying attention!  I knew the fun presents would be a good distraction from the evil camera.

 The little boys (from left to right):  Logan, Camden Haney, Dominick Morrison, Phoenix Finlinson and Evan Sessions. 


 While driving to the theater, Dominick and Camden insisted on holding hands.  It was so stinkin' adorable that I had to take a picture while sitting at a red light.

 I got a quick picture of some of the boys while watching the movie.  About half-way into the movie Evan fell asleep on Ryan's lap, and the other boys had a hard time staying in their seats.  It was so cute to hear them yell out their excitement at the screen!  Being the cheap frugal and smart mother I am, I brought baggies of treats and Capri Suns for all the boys, so we didn't need to stock up on expensive theater food. 

I think it was a successful first birthday party for our boy, and I knew he felt loved when he ran up to me in the evening, wrapped his arms around my leg and said, "Mommy, thank you SO much for all my Cars things and friends!"

2 comments:

Barbara said...

This was so fun for Camden! He felt like such a "big KID" to go to his first birthday party! And the gigantic bag of mm's was so exciting! cute pict of the boys holding hands-they crack me up!

Tina Michelle said...

Aww, it looks so fun. I love that he thanked you!