Monday, November 16, 2009

Sacrament Solo

What a proud moment as a parent. Brevan was asked to sing a solo in sacrament meeting yesterday. This is the second time he's been asked; the first time being when he was only 7 and sang all the verses of "I am a Child of God." After a few weeks of practicing this brand-new song, he did an amazing job singing it yesterday. Many were brought to tears, and the congregation was silent as they felt the Spirit enter the room.

The song is titled "If I Listen With my Heart" by Sally DeFord. Brenda (the best Primary music leader ever) is going to add this song into our Primary program next year. These are the beautiful words:

If I had been a little child when Jesus lived on earth
I would have liked to walk with Him and listen to his words
But as I search the scriptures I can hear His words of peace
And if I listen with my heart, I hear the Savior's voice
I hear a living prophet speak the things that Christ would say
If He were here upon the earth to talk with me today
The prophet teaches how to live in righteousness and peace
And if I listen with my heart, I hear the Savior's voice
I feel the Holy Spirit as he teaches truth and right
He comforts me in times of need, he testifies of Christ
He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace
And when I listen with my heart, I hear the Savior's voice

I'm not sure I've ever felt more proud of my handsome son.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

He did an awesome job! I loved watching you and Ryan as I stood in the back with my crazy two yr old! Your proud smiles went on and on. And Breven kept looking at you both - it was so sweet:)

Sara and Company said...

That is so fantastic! How brave. What a beautiful song. I'm sure it truly helped bring the spirit.

Tiffany said...

We wish we could hear him sing! Videotape it for us.

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed!!

Claire said...

Ummmm...just have to say that he was AMAZING! I am so impressed with brevan, and I need to take pointers from him on bravery---i get so nervous singing solos, but he looked calm as a cucumber and he's ELEVEN!
ps. I need your email address. I don't have it anymore, and I need to add you to my blog list

Claire said...

pps. I guess that would mean you need mine? crosie820@yahoo.com