Our holiday festivities started on the 3rd, with the awesome firework display we watch every year at the Shull's house. I had to attend class this evening, but rushed out when it ended and made it just in time to meet my family before the fireworks started exploding.
I decided to go blond again. It lasted 4 days before I headed back to the salon with my head between my knees, begging to be more brunette. I'm too old to pull off the Barbie look.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love having kids that will be goofy with me? Ryan does sarcasm. He does witty. He does hilarious, inappropriate jokes. But he doesn't do goofy. My kids have happily obliged as I've trained them in the ways of funky dancing, opera singing and ridiculous faces.
Logan was terrified of the fireworks because he got a small burn from the ashes last year. I walked down the street with him, in an effort to get farther away from the display, but he only felt safe on my lap in the car.
The cute kid was so scared, the tears wouldn't stop falling from his red, swollen eyes. I had flashbacks to all the years I spent comforting my babies while fireworks flashed in the sky.
On the 4th, we invited the Napiers and Browns to our house for a simple BBQ and firework show. I stole the rest of these pictures off Christine's blog.
Chemo Man forgot his stamina is much lower than usual, so he was incredibly worn out after gracefully putting a whooping on Parker.
Brevan's height is quickly creeping up on his Papa's. I'm betting he clears 6 feet this year.
Bella showed off her new sundress. Yes, you read that correctly.
While watching our neighbors set off fireworks, we suddenly realized our kids were missing. Christine found them all inside starting at screens! This crazy generation of kids would rather show off their firework pictures on Instagram than actually enjoy the rest of the firework show.
Needless to say, we had a family discussion this week about cutting down on technology usage.
Logan even managed to find a phone to play on. Parker and Brevan were both passed out in the family room by the time our friends headed home at nearly midnight.
It was a wonderful, perfect 4th of July! We are blessed!






1 comment:
Thanks for inviting us over. We had a great time!! I am sad my kids are past the stage of needing snuggles during fireworks. I remember having to leave the Stadium of Fire with baby Madelyn because she was terrified. I could care less that I was missing the fireworks- I loved holding and comforting her. I had forgotten about that- thanks for reminding me!!
Post a Comment