My parents flew into Missouri very late at night on Thursday, the 6th. Ryan drove to the airport to pick them up, while I did a quick cleaning of the house. Why is it that I feel the need to clean before my parents come? Growing up, I would be so annoyed when my Mom would make me clean before my Grandparents came into town. As if parents have never seen their own child make a mess! I guess it has something to do with showing your parents that you are a responsible adult. Pretty silly though.
My Mom is great at taking a lot of pictures while in town. I will worn any readers right now that this post is long. I decided to add all the pictures because I want to have all of them in my blog book. So without further ado, the week in pictures . . .
My girls are obsessed with gymnastics lately. They can not stand still for more than 5 seconds, and are usually found upside down in a cartwheel or backbend.

Brevan's highlight of the week was when my Dad "hired" him to create a Power Point presentation. It was the perfect assignment for Brevan because it made him feel so important!

One day I took my parents (and the littlest kiddos) to a restored Victorian house in Independence called the Vaile Mansion. My Mom took pictures of some interesting parts of the house, such as this old-fashioned washing machine. It made me feel like a schmutz for complaining about the $200 I had to spend last month to get my electric washing machine fixed.

While my Mom was in Europe with my Dad a couple years ago, she took pictures of interesting, ornate doorknobs. This is one she found in the Vaile Mansion.

Old-fashioned wedding dresses were displayed throughout the house.


Brevan has been doing really well with his anxiety lately, but he had a bad moment one night, and really wanted some extra Grandparent time. My parents woke up early the next day and took Brevan out for breakfast before he had to be dropped off at school. It made Brevan feel so important, and gave my parents some alone time with him. I'm so grateful that they offered to spend extra time with him to calm his anxieties. By the way, I'm aware the kid needs a haircut. It's one of those battles I'm just not too willing to fight right now.
It was so sad to have my parents leave at the end of our fun week together. They left on the evening of Wednesday, the 12th. I loved the time we spent together, and it was hard to get back into the swing of things. I called Ryan at work the next day and told him I was lonely because there weren't any adults at the house to talk with! I really appreciated the time my parents took out of their busy lives and away from their busy careers to come spend time with my family.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys have been super busy and had a lot of fun. I'm glad your parents were able to visit. Miss you guys. Tell everyone I love them. Can't wait to see Ryan and Brynlie in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment