Thursday, December 24, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

No time to post pictures tonight, because the kids are still awake, and Santa is on his way. But I had to share a few moments from tonight's Christmas Eve Family Home Evening.

When we first walked downstairs to gather as a family, Logan was lying on the footstool with a blanket wrapped around him. He told us, "Shhhh! I'm the Baby Jesus!"

While Ryan was reading the scriptural account of Christ's birth, Lindsey raised her hand and asked, "What is guchenoben?" We all stared at her and burst out laughing. Ryan's answer? "It's the German word for 'begotten'. "(which was the word she was referring to).

At the end of the FHE, we all gathered in a circle and held hands for our "Circle Prayer." I started the prayer, then passed it on to Logan. He yelled, "I love Baby Jesus!"

Brynlie said the sweetest things in her prayer. That girl is so close to the Spirit. I couldn't help shedding many, many tears as I heard all the wonderful things my children said.

Hang your stockings and say your prayers, cuz Santa Claus comes tonight!

No comments: