On the 28th of April, I had a baby shower at my house for my friend, Shelly. After many heart-breaking miscarriages, she is due to deliver her sweet baby boy any day now. Since I have been so busy lately, I asked Jill to help me prepare for the shower. She was definitely the right person to ask, since she is so creative! She helped me pull together a great party, even though we had to change the date/time 3 times after sending out the invitations! Besides getting my house cleaned, I only needed to buy some soda and hire a massage therapist. After having the first massage therapist cancel just a few days before the party, I was scrambling to find someone else. A friend recommended a local mom, who did a wonderful job! All the decorations are courtesy of Crafty Jill.
Shelly had quite the eventful week. Her Grandmother passed away the weekend before the shower, and the funeral was held on Wednesday. That meant that her mom and sister were in town, but it felt a little wrong to be having a party right after the sadness they had experienced. Shelly brought this blanket, which was handmade by her Grandma just weeks before succumbing to cancer.
The rest of the pictures show some of the sweet women I get to associate with!
Since Shelly was the Belle of the Ball, she got to be first on the massage chair. After getting her massage, we drew names and six other lucky women got a free massage!
That's Brenda, making the massage therapist laugh while rubbing her down!
I can't wait to meet the newest little Morrison baby!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment