Saturday, November 12, 2011

A FABULOUS Spa Party


My fabulous 10-year-old also had a birthday party on 11-11-11.  Too bad she wasn't turning 11!  She had decided weeks earlier that she wanted a spa party, but it took me a while to have the motivation to plan it after pulling off the huge party for Ryan!

As I mentioned in a previous post, it was a rather bad week.  To top it all off, I got sick on Wednesday and have felt like death warmed over since then.  I did my best to get everything accomplished and ready for the parties, but I was completely worn out by the time Bryn's party started at 4:00 yesterday.  You'd think I wouldn't be whining so much when all I have is a head cold, but it's crazy how much it has knocked me down.  Apparently it's also frying my brain, because I have been downright loony the past few days.  To name a few:  I bought a zucchini instead of a cucumber, I took another man's cart at the grocery store (leaving my purse and all other grocery items in my actual cart in the produce section), and while talking to Ryan and having Lindsey interrupt me, I turned to her, said "shut up" and went back to my conversation.  As far as I can remember, I have never said that to one of my children because we don't allow that phrase to be spoken in our home.  I swear there must have been a little devil on my shoulder because I could not figure out why Ryan, Bryn and Lindsey all gave me a shocked look.  For the life of me, I could have sworn I'd nicely told her wait while I finished talking to her Dad.  I'm losing it.

Anyway, back to the party.  My awesome Brenda knew I was at the end of my rope, so she came over to the house to help me with the party.  Ryan was running Brevan's party while I was in charge of Brynlie's, but I had completely underestimated how horrible I would feel and how much work it would be to pull off a fun spa party for giggly 4th grade girls.



The gift bags were filled with fun goodies like pedicure kits, loofas, fuzzy socks, stickers, pens that looked like lipstick, hairbands, chapstick, nail files and nail stickers.

While I prepared dinner and tried to force my mind to work, Brenda got the girls busy making bath fizzies.  She is the greatest resource for . . . .pretty much everything.  The girls had fun molding the fizzies that smelled like peppermint.



Then it was time for some serious relaxation.  Each girl  had their own foot tub, full of hot water, spearmint-scented epsom salt, rubbery balls that soothed the bottom of their feet, and a floating soap rose.  I played soothing music (which was actually MoTab because I couldn't find anything else - haha), turned off the lights and let the girls relax giggle like crazy.  Since my mind was so cloudy, I completely forgot to have them use their pedicure kits to trim their nails and get their feet extra soft, but after letting them soak their feet, they applied foot cream and put on their new fuzzy socks.

Then it was time for face masks.  The girls looked so cute and serene with the cucumbers on their eyes!











After washing their faces, it was time for dinner.  I made this yummy punch before checking the recipe and seeing that it made enough for FIFTY servings.  I hope I get my brain back soon.

Brynlie did not want to do anything usual for dinner, such as pizza.  She decided to have me make Navajo tacos, so each of the girls could add their own toppings to their scone.  It was much more fun and original than pizza!

After dinner, the girls played in the basement and had so much fun that I never called them up to make bracelets, which was the plan.  After about an hour, the girls reminded me that the presents hadn't been opened.  Oops!  I got a picture of Brynlie with each of her besties.  This is the beautiful Megan.

Sweet Brooke

Miss Jilllian Jade

Marvelous Madelyn

A new girl in our neighborhood, Sydney

And adorable Sophie

By the end of the party, I was feeling so sick that I had to will myself not to start crying until after all the moms picked up their daughters!  Luckily, I don't think the girls noticed because they were having too much fun together.  The party was a big success, and I was asleep before 9 pm!  A special thanks goes to Brenda, who not only stayed for the whole party to help out, but cleaned up my kitchen afterward.  Happy birthday, cute Brynlie girl!

No comments: