Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Calgon, take me away

The toilet was flooded tonight by one of my husband's children (I'm not claiming the child right now). TWICE. Because (of course) it's logical to "test" the toilet an hour after getting the whole mess cleaned up the first time. The new carpet outside the bathroom is soaked, along with all 20 towels in the house. Ryan is conveniently on a business trip.

Mom and Dad, I'm aware that this incident may remind you of a certain 7-year-old who flooded the basement while you were away one night. I'm sorry. It's Michael Landon's fault, because I was watching a nail-biter episode of Highway to Heaven, so I completely forgot that I was running bathtub water. I got my payback tonight. Do you find that somewhat amusing?

3 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

I think that my mom was secretly wishing I would have a girl for the same reason. Payback is a well I will keep it clean for the kids. I was a nightmare. That is all I will say. I can tell you stories later.

Can I just say that I love you! Thanks for your comment on my blog! We sure miss you guys. Since we are getting OLD, how bout a trip the six of us. No kids just sun and fun. I am sure you are already to go back to cabo right?

Barbara said...

Awe man, that's annoying!! and now you have to do laundry too...Lock that door!
Hope tomorrow is better:)

Grandpa Alan said...

Hmmmmm. Payback. Find it amusing. Hmmmmmm.

Such a gift to your children that we let you to live:-)