Tuesday, July 7, 2009

High School Musical Jr.

Prepare yourself for a lot of pictures in the next couple posts. I wasn't going to put them all, but then I remembered that this is MY blog, and I want them here! So bear with me!
Brevan and Brynlie performed in the High School Musical Jr. a couple weeks ago. They had practiced constantly during the month of June and I was so impressed with how well it turned out! Brevan played the part of James, along with helping out in many other scenes. Brynlie was a choir girl, and was actually in more scenes than Brevan. The play was performed on Friday the 26th and Saturday the 27th of June at the Kearney High School. Below, I broke the "no flash photography during the play" rule and grabbed a quick shot of Brevan on stage (right side). That's Jillian Simmons on the very left.
Brynlie's favorite part of performing was the chance to wear make-up!

After the first performance, I took pictures of the kids on the stage and next to the props. In this first picture, they posed with the girl who played "Gabriella."

Even Logan got in on the action. He learned the words and actions to many of the songs in the play, and still performs them for us all the time!




Brynlie, Jillian and Brevan.



Brevan had to draw these funny eyebrows on, to help him look like more of a thespian. I'm not sure how the eyebrows accomplished that, because I think they just made him look evil.


I was so proud of my kids and glad that they had their first experience with theater! But I have to admit that it's nice to not being dragging them to practice anymore.

No comments: