Tuesday, April 7, 2015

February Monthly Mash-up

Things that made me smile in February:

These selfies that Darion and Brevan took on the way home from church.




The bunny ears Lindsey gave me in my birthday picture.

The cute earrings Christine gave me.

The delicious birthday cake Ryan ordered at the local bakery.


These awesome cards I bought my kids for Valentines Day.  I will not share the ones I found for Ryan that are even more hilarious but not exactly appropriate.


Roy and Bonnie stayed with us for 5 days.

We did many fun family activities that week.

Cute little Brayden was baptized. 


Lindsey wore this fantastic ensemble to Logan's basketball game.


Logan charged $0.25 to see his magic show.  He learned the tricks from a library book and made over $2.00.


I went on a field trip with this handsome guy to see the Kansas City Symphony.


Brynlie performed remarkably well in her first dance competition of the season.  I love watching her play Elsa in this musical theater dance.  She teaches all the Disney princesses that they don't need a man to be happy.



Check out the flexibility on her high kick!




Grandma and Grandpa Ellefsen were in town, so they were able to watch Brynlie perform.



Church leaders and friends took time out of their busy lives to support my daughter at her dance competition.



And she got to accept the award for FIRST PLACE!!


OK, so this one didn't make me smile.  At all.  For a couple months, I had been planning an weekend getaway with Ryan for our 18th anniversary.  We had to cancel the whole thing that day because a nasty kidney stone decided to ruin all our fun.


I was able to be an answer to several prayers.  The picture below shows a car accident that happened on the freeway right in front of me.  This poor lady slid on the icy roads and did a complete 360 before crashing into the guard rail.  Right after calling 911 and taking this picture with my phone (in case she needed proof for some reason), I got out to offer assistance.  It didn't take me long to realize she was in shock.  She didn't notice when her small son got out the other side of the vehicle and wandered directly into traffic.  I grabbed his hand and led him to my car.  Then I told the lady to join her son in my car while I took the baby from her arms.  Halfway across the road, she cried out that she had one more son strapped into the car.  I got her and the boys safely in my car while we waited for ambulances to arrive.

Another day, another snowstorm.  I never EVER pick up strangers that are walking on the road.  One day while headed to a store about 45 minutes away, I suddenly got a strong impression to stop and pick up a lady walking in the snow.  I pulled over immediately and asked the girl for a ride.  With tears in her eyes, she said "I never do this . . .but yes, I need a ride."  After getting her warm, I asked where I could take her.  She said she was headed to work but had taken the wrong bus and now was far away from her workplace.  When I asked where she worked, it happened to be the exact store I was driving to.  On the way, she talked about her husband, her daughter, and her belief in a God who answers prayers.


There were some things that caused me to frown in February, but I'm not going to focus on those.  Many people were answers to my own prayers in February, so I'm just grateful God allowed me to be a blessing to others at times.

No comments: