Saturday, December 6, 2014

November Monthly Mash-up

While looking around my blog just now, I happened to notice that my "Suicide" blog post has been viewed 1,504 times.  Holy schmoly.  I shared the post on Facebook when the news channels were speaking about the suicide of Robin Williams.  I hope some people felt peace in the words I shared.

I've accomplished more in the first week of December than I typically accomplish in an entire month. But I'm still trying to write about the end of October and the month of November, so here's the update.

Lindsey's volleyball team improved so much by the end of the season.  The first half of the season, they were by far the worst team in the league.  By tournament time, they took second place!  Lindsey still has trouble with her serves and swears she will never play volleyball again, but I hope she practices and decides to give it another shot at some point.  She has so much natural athletic ability.


Logan and Brayden went through withdrawals after the Webbs moved out toward the end of October.  I'll be honest and say I don't miss the chaos, but I do miss the fun daytime conversations with Keri.


This is the house Keri and Brett bought in Liberty.  It is so pretty on the inside and is professionally landscaped on a half-acre lot.  While house hunting with them, I walked into this house and said, "If you don't buy this house, then I'm going to!"  Although they have a Liberty address like us, their house is about 15 minutes away and is in a different school district.  We've seen them many times since they moved into the house, and they seem to be loving the neighborhood and schools.


Logan lost his first tooth!  How cute/gross is that?!


On Monday evenings, I leave home with the girls at 4:30 to take them to dance.  Their studio has two locations and the girls bounce back and forth between them, so I have to stay in the area and be available until we drive home at 9:15.  The first month of this new Monday schedule, I would find myself shopping at Target/TJMaxx/Kohls after dropping them off, which was completely unnecessary.  I've made it a habit now to drive straight to Panera so I can hook up to their Wifi and start on homework.  Ideally, I would love to be at home with my boys at that time, but at least I'm getting a ton of homework done on that evening.  

A yummy meal of Panera's autumn squash soup, bread, and hot chocolate makes everything better.  I tell myself that I have to type a certain amount of words before I can take my next bite/sip.



Logan finished his first season of flag football.  His coach was very nice but not very knowledgeable, so I'm not sure Logan learned much.  I took this picture at the tournament that was played on the high school field.  The boys looked so tiny out there!  I'm not sure Logan will want to play football again because he says his favorite sport is basketball.


Fall came.  The trees were gorgeous.  The leaves fell.  We played.  And now winter has arrived with it's boring gray color.  I'm longing for summer.



These are giant rolls of hay that a local farmer decorated.  Haha, I giggle every time I drive by them!


Brynlie had a photo shoot with some of her dance friends one afternoon.  When I saw these pictures for the first time, I realized Bryn is wearing my scarf and Siara is wearing my necklace.  Weird....I don't remember lending them out?  Bryn wears my same shoe size now, so my boots are always mysteriously missing from my closet too.


Bella is not a fan of winter either.  She takes naps in the sun to warm herself after running around outside.  I busted up laughing when I walked past the family room and saw her "tanning" her belly one day.  She's gotta get her Vitamin D high.


This beautiful princess got all dressed up to attend the symphony for the first time. 


We spent Halloween with the Napiers.  They invited us over for dinner and then Ryan and Josh took the kids trick-or-treating while Christine and I handed out candy to the very few kids who rang the doorbell.  It was really cold this year, so we didn't get many trick-or-treaters willing to brave the weather.  Lindsey dressed up as a witch, Logan was Spiderman and Bella was the cutest caterpillar puppy of all time.  Brynlie spent the evening with some friends and Brevan was at a Robotics tournament all weekend.  I'm not such a fan of my kids wanting to grow up and spend their holidays without me.



I love attending the kid's school parties.  Next year will be Lindsey's last one, so my Logan will have my undivided attention for his last few parties in elementary school.



Brynlie spent the night with Siara and Kate after they dressed up as Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster.  These creative girls make my heart happy.


Baseball took over my life in October.  I literally watched every second of every game.  I jumped out of my seat every time the Royals made a play and might have said some naughty words when things weren't going well.  I was captivated with watching my Royals take the crown in the World Series, so when they lost in game 7, I was deeply depressed.  My family, however, was glad it was over so I would pay attention to them again.

Only 4 days after he pitched in the World Series, Royals player Jeremy Guthrie spoke at a packed chapel about everything from his LDS mission to maintaining a strong marriage with his awesome wife to baseball.  It was honestly the best fireside I've ever attended and I left feeling edified.


My baby girl has desperately needed glasses for a while, and I finally had a chance to take her in for an exam and fitting.  She picked out a darling pair of pink and black frames and has enjoyed her clear vision every since.  She's a bit worried about having braces and glasses at the same time, but I've assured her that she looks adorable!




My weird children take an unbelievable amount of selfies on my phone.  I love flipping through my pictures to see what surprises I can find.



Bryn might be a little obsessed with teal and chevron.  One day while driving her to school, I noticed she was wearing a chevron teal shirt while holding her chevron teal phone case and wearing her chevron teal bracelets.


I spent a lot of time speaking about Kearney Family Foundation at assemblies in nearby schools. One day I was attending an assembly at my kid's elementary school and they both happened to get awards!  Logan's award was for "being helpful, kind and respectful to everyone in the classroom at all times."  His teacher said she would like to clone him.  Me too.


Lindsey's award was for reading the most minutes of any 4th grader!



This is one of the "elfies" I took at a school after announcing which class collected the most food for needy families in our area.  I made the kids (and teacher) wear elf hats while I took an #elfie with them.


My awesome Aunt Dana and Uncle Norm stayed at our house while on their way to Ohio where they are serving a mission for the next couple years.  It was so fun to have family stop in to see us!  I enjoyed cooking delicious meals and taking them site-seeing.  They had never been to Missouri, so I showed them the church sites.  I think I've taken 6 families to Liberty Jail this year alone, and I'm not even close to being tired of going.  I love the Spirit I feel there.


Whew!  That's about it for October/November!  Of course, not everything is documented in pictures. For the most part, we are plugging along at life and trying to stay on top of all the craziness. Although I don't find time to blog very often, I love capturing the details of our lives because it helps me find meaning in this nutty world.

Now it's Christmastime and I'm excited for Santa to visit soon!  I'm hoping he gives me a long winters nap.

No comments: